Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lumbar Strain and Magic Cure

On Monday I had a terrible muscle spasm and somehow strained my lower back.  The pain was some of the most intense I've ever felt and was unrelenting.  Needless to say I didn't do much besides sit around, wishing I was in less pain so I could start getting my to-do list done.  Today after two days of ice, heat, ibuprofen, and feeble attempts at stretching I am starting to feel somewhat close to normal.  I did perhaps over exert myself today, as my sore back is now reminding me, but I am determined to keep going with Vegan Mofo as soon as I can stand without being in pain.

Until then let me leave you with this one awesome technique that I've used for injuries.  When done properly it works wonders for pulled muscles and other injuries involving swelling.  As always consult your doctor before trying this, etc.

Magic Cure

1. Apply a cold compress to area for 20 minutes.

2. Immediately after removing the cold compress submerge area in very warm water (think warm like a hot tub).

3. Leave the area submerged for 20 minutes.  Gently remove from the warm water.  Relax.

I use this for my back all the time and it really works quickly.  You may have to do this a few times a day if your swelling is really bad.  Use common sense of course, be careful, and don't be afraid to ask your doctor if this is right for you.  (ok enough of the spiel)

Time for a gallery of interesting photos:

Raw Nut Pate Wraps

Our Vibrams on a Summer Hike

I collapsed after finishing the hike and realized the tree I was under was pretty.

Me feeding the goats during a trip to the zoo in the Upper Peninsula, MI
Well there are all the random photos that I have the energy to post.  Sorry there's not food recipes this time.  Tomorrow is German Feast or Oktoberfest with friends so I will make sure there are lots of recipes then!

Enjoy your hump day! I'll be doing my best to be up on my feet with a healed back by tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Lumbar Strain can be quite painful and put you flat on your back for days. Essential oils can help rescue you and get you back on your feet in half the time with no side effects.

    ReplyDelete